August 21, 2020
The legal entity responsible for processing your personal data is:
VAT no. DK-29616647
For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal data” refers to any information that; a) can be used to identify, contact or locate a specific individual, b) can be combined with other information that can be used to identify, contact or locate a specific individual or c) is defined as “personal data” or “personal information” by applicable law or regulation to the collection, use, storage or disclosure of information about an identifiable individual.
Our processing of your personal data is based on SerEnergy being a data controller of the received personal and on the legal basis described in this section.
We process your personal data to be able to fulfil our agreement with you as a customer, partner or supplier, to provide services to you and respond to and/or process a submitted request or application.
Part of our processing of personal data is based on legitimate interest or balancing of interests. This applies to our processing of personal data to continuously improve and update the website and service we provide to you and to maintain consistency. SerEnergy’s interest for this processing is to manage, maintain and improve our business and offering to you.
We process your personal data based on consent to be able to communicate with you, when you have given consent. This applies when you sign up for our customer/partner portal or submit an application to us or contact us by the quotation request or form provided at the website.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect or receive your personal data in the following ways:
- When you submit an application, a request form or other forms relating to any of our products / solutions and services through the website
- When you interact with our customer support or HR via telephone, email, letters, face-to-face meetings
- When you sign up to and use our customer/partner portal
- When you submit technical support requests or questions to our customer support
- When you submit your Personal data to us for any other reason.
Categories of Personal Data
We process the following personal data relating to you:
- Personal data which you have submitted:
- Name, address, e-mail, telephone number, title, company name,
- historical purchase data, technical support history
- CV, references
- In the event that you have a user for logging in to the customer/partner portal of our website:
- Password (stored encrypted / hashed – we cannot read your password in plain text)
- Sensitive personal data:
We collect personal information about you:
- When you provide your personal information to us, including via our website and the Service, through any registration process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call, email or through the customer/partner portal)
- When you visit or use our website or the Service, we may collect information about you using cookies.
- When we receive your personal data when entering into an agreement or through any other contact with us, we are the data controller of your personal data. Our processing and potential transfer of your personal data occurs when it is necessary to fulfill the agreement or any other contract with you. We only employ sub-processors who are in compliance with the rules of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Purpose for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Delivery of products and services:
Your personal data will be used to contact you for delivering the products and services requested by you.
Your personal data will be used to contact you regarding procurement of goods and will be registered and updated accordingly in our ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
Personal data is used for marketing purposes, including streamlining our communication with you in relation to specific orders and sending you relevant marketing material e.g. direct emails that you have agreed to receive.
Optimizing user experience on the website:
Personal data is collected when you use our website. We use this information to optimize the user experience on our website and the services we offer.
Personal data will be used and processed to contact you regarding your job application and to assess whether you’re a match for the vacant position.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your personal data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- SerEnergy and affiliates employees to provide content, products and services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your customer account, purchase orders, product specifications and technical support.
- Companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to SerEnergy;
- Agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to SerEnergy, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, billing, security or other services to SerEnergy;
- SerEnergy’s professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal data to.
Information about cookies
A cookie is a small text file that websites save on your computer so that they can recognize the computer and/or remember a selection/setting the next time you visit the website. A cookie is a passive file and cannot spread a computer virus, install programs or spy on you in any other way. Other websites cannot read cookies saved by this website.
How long are cookies stored?
A cookie always deletes itself after a varying number of months, but it is renewed automatically every time you visit the website.
Can I delete cookies?
You will find guidelines on how to delete cookies here: http://minecookies.org/cookiehandtering
We use Google Analytics for traffic monitoring, so we can see how many people visit our website. This also allows us to measure patterns of use, as well as to improve the user experience on our website.
Read more here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
You can opt out of cookies from Google Analytics by installing this add-on to your browser: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use Facebook Connect to facilitate sharing of certain pages via Facebook.
How to turn off cookies
Another farther-reaching way to avoid cookies is to turn off cookies in the browser. All browsers on the market allow you to manage the acceptance of cookies. However, this is not something we would normally recommend, as it often results in diminished or no functionality at all on many websites.
On this page you will find guides to cookie settings in the most popular browsers: http://minecookies.org/cookiehandtering
Use of personal data
We never disclose personal data to third parties unless you expressly give your authorization. Furthermore, we never collect personal data unless you have personally given us the data in connection with registration, purchasing or otherwise.
Protection of personal data
According to the Act on Processing of Personal Data, your data must be stored securely and responsibly. Your personal data is stored in a secure and professional server center on machines to which there is limited access. Our safety precautions are regularly audited, to ensure that the entire setup is secure with due regard to your rights as a user. We cannot, however, guarantee 100% security in conjunction with data transmission. This means that there is a small risk that others could force access to data when the data is transmitted and stored electronically. Therefore, the furnishing of personal data is at your own risk.
Right of Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to request access and further information concerning the processing of your information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that we process relating to you once (1) every calendar year. For any additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
You have a right to request that we change, rectify, complete, erase or restrict the processing of your personal data. For processing of personal data that is based on consent or fulfilment of agreement you also have the right to data portability.
To exercise your rights, or if you have any questions regarding our processing of your Personal data, please contact us at the following address:
Postal address: SerEnergy A/S, Att.: Administration, Lyngvej 8, 9000 Aalborg –, Denmark
Withdrawal of Consent
You can withdraw your consent to receive relevant news from SerEnergy at any time by contacting us to let us know you no longer wish to receive emails from us.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, SerEnergy may not be able to continue to provide its Products and Services to you, administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with SerEnergy, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. SerEnergy’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems upon request.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency Guidelines to Rights of the Data Subject, which is available (only in Danish) at: www.datatilsynet.dk.
SerEnergy will maintain appropriate organizational and technical security measures (including with respect to personnel, facilities, hardware, software, storage and networks, access controls, monitoring and logging, vulnerability and breach detection, incident response, encryption of personal data while in transit and at rest) to protect against unauthorized or accidental access, loss, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data.
SerEnergy will retain your personal data if they are necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes for collecting and processing.
Financial records: Up to 5 years
Purchase history: stored for as long as it is deemed necessary to meet the purpose for which they are collected or processed
Your contact information: stored for as long as you are our customer, supplier or employee or until you withdraw your consent to process your personal data. If you have submitted a job application, we will store your application and personal information for 6 months.
Links to other sites
This site may contain links to other sites. SerEnergy is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites outside our company or group offices.
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Denmark.
Complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency
If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, you may file a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency, Carl Jacobsens Vej 35, 2500 Valby, phone: +45 3319 3200, firstname.lastname@example.org.